Covid-19 Procedures For Our Caregivers
We are able to communicate quickly with our entire caregiving staff. As this situation evolves, we will stay in touch with our staff to let them know of any necessary changes or additional practices.
Our goal is to continue to provide the highest level of service to seniors while keeping them safe and independent in their own homes.
- Caregivers have been designated as “essential healthcare professionals” within skilled nursing homes and other facilities. That means the CDC and the TDH recognize the importance of the elderly have the assistance of their caregivers.
- At Senior Care, we are requiring all caregivers to take their temperature before each scheduled shift. If they ever have a temp of 100 or higher, stay home.
- Caregivers are to wash hands immediately upon entering the home.
- Our software is giving reminders to caregivers at clock in, through the telephone clock in and the mobile app, to stay home if they have a temperature and to wash hands frequently.
- Wash hands prior to providing personal, hands on care. Wash hands immediately after.
- We’ve expanded our definition of “light housekeeping” to include regularly wiping down surface that are touched with frequency: door knobs, cabinet pulls/knobs, handles, light switches, keys, remote controls, mobile phones and tablet, etc…
- Practice social distancing away from work. Go to work and go home. Avoid gathering among more than 10 people.